On the Accu-Chek Guide and Accu-Chek Guide Link meters:
The meter can be turned on by pressing and releasing the Power/OK button or inserting a test strip. The meter can be turned off by pressing and holding the Power/OK button.
On the Accu-Chek Guide Me meter:
The meter can be turned on by pressing and releasing the power button or inserting a test strip. The meter can be turned off by pressing and releasing the power button.
Possible causes include:
- The meter has been exposed to extreme temperatures outside the meter's operating temperature range. Move to an area where the temperature is within the system's operating temperature range (between 43 - 113°F / 4 - 45°C). Wait at least 15 minutes for the meter to equilibrate.
- The meter is connected to a computer using a USB cable. If the meter times out while connected via USB, it may not respond to button presses or strip insertion until the USB cable is disconnected. Disconnect the cable and attempt to turn the meter on by pressing and releasing the power button.
- One or both batteries are installed incorrectly. Confirm both batteries are inserted into the meter under the black tabs with the “+” sign facing up (visible).
- The batteries are dead or battery power is too low for the meter to turn on. Install two new 3 volt lithium, CR 2032 coin cell batteries. Replace both batteries at the same time and with the same brand.
- Battery tabs are damaged or defective. Please contact Accu-Chek Customer Care.
- The meter is damaged or defective. Please contact Accu-Chek Customer Care.