The battery symbol appears on the meter screen when the batteries are low in power. It may only run a few more tests. The meter may or may not display the battery symbol if the battery power is nearly depleted. Replace the meter’s batteries if the battery symbol continues to be displayed.
The replace batteries (E-9) message appears when there is not enough power to run a test. The meter may or may not display a replace batteries (E-9) message if the battery power is nearly depleted. Replace the meter’s batteries immediately if the replace batteries (E-9) continues to be displayed. The batteries do not need to be replaced if the message goes away after powering the meter off and back on.
Possible causes for short battery life include:
- Storage and/or use of the meter or batteries at low temperatures.
- Use of old, damaged, or defective batteries.
- Frequent testing with fewer than 5 minutes between tests.
- Frequent wireless communication.
- Extended time spent navigating through the meter menus and reviewing data.
- Use of the auto-send feature, particularly if the mobile device is more than 3 feet away from the meter when a test is performed.
- Use of the Sync Time feature, particularly if the mobile device is usually more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from the meter during communication.
- The meter is damaged or defective. Please contact Accu-Chek Customer Care.